Create the Perfect Gift Basket
A gift basket is a wonderful way to show appreciation, express congratulations or simply celebrate a special occasion. But how can you create a gift basket that truly stands out from the rest? The answer is simple: add pastries.
Ok, so obviously, it’s not really as simple as all that. You should put some serious thought into the gift basket, considering not only the occasion but also the interests of the recipient. But when all is said and done, pastries can finish a basket off to perfection. Don’t believe us? Observe how seamlessly pastries slip into any basket’s theme.
- For a reader: This one’s easy! Pick up some books in a genre your friend enjoys, and include a book light and a bookmark to go with them. Then put in some tasty cinnamon rolls, because nothing is better than sitting down to read with your beverage of choice and a delicious sweet treat.
- For a graduate: Into this basket, you might slip a planner, a really nice pen, and a book to light the way to their next venture, whether it’s a self-help book, Dr. Seuss’s “Oh the Places You’ll Go”, or a devotional book. Slip in a gift card to a bookstore or the grad’s favorite coffee house, and while you’re at it, include a variety of pastries, to fuel those late night’s spent studying.
- For a new homeowner: First, include a small bottle of bubbly, whether it’s sparkling wine or sparkling cider, because buying a home is a really big deal! Then slip in some practical items, like a DIY book, some tools or paintbrushes, and a roll of duct tape. Finish it off with some bear claws, for those first mornings at the new place, when no one feels like making breakfast, but everyone needs something to get the morning going.
- For a gardener: A pair of nice looking gardening gloves, a hand trowel or some other small tools, and some seed packets are all nice gifts to put into a gardener’s basket. You might also include a gardening book and, to top it off and continue the nature theme, some fruit pastries.
- For a person who loves to cook: This is a fun one! Put in an interesting kitchen tool or two, some dish towels or potholders, and maybe an apron to suit your friend’s style. Then gather some of your favorite recipes, written carefully on recipe cards, and include in the basket some pastries to perfectly complement those dishes.
- For new parents: If there’s one thing universally true about new parents it’s that they’re exhausted. Give them a basket that’s a real pick-me-up, with a good book about parenting, a frame for a picture of their new little one, and some gourmet coffee to make life a little perkier. You know what goes really well with coffee? Cheese horns and cinnamon rolls.
See how well pastries work with all of those baskets? Once you’ve got your basket all stuffed, it’s time to give it those final touches that make it look amazing. Put a cloth napkin or another decorative piece of cloth in the bottom. Then add your items, taking care to wrap breakable things in tissue, and putting heavy things in first, with medium sized things around the edges and smaller things tucked in here and there. Your pastries should be somewhere prominent, so the gift-ee will eat them in a timely manner! Wrap the basket in cellophane and tie it with a bow, attaching a pretty gift tag that matches the basket’s style.
No matter what kind of pastry makes your basket perfect, Svenhard’s Swedish Bakery has got you covered. We’re proud to offer delicious bear claws, cinnamon rolls, cheese horns, and much more, available to purchase online and ship directly to your home. If you’d rather shop for pastries in person, you can do that, too! Just visit our website, or call 559-838-3282 to find a location near you and learn more about the quality that’s made Svenhard’s a popular choice for over a century.